To report pollution please follow the steps below.
How to report an incident.
We take all pollution reports very seriously, and as soon as we receive a report we'll send a technician to assess the problem.
If you see evidence of pollution, or there is a risk of pollution, please call us straight away:0800 316 9800
What we can do.
Our pollutions team will investigate the issue immediately, usually sending a technician to assess the problem straight away.
If it's our sewers or works causing the problem, we will:
- Take immediate action to stop the pollution.
- Undertake a thorough assessment of the cause of the pollution and any environmental impact.
- Inform the Environment Agency of the incident - the Environment Agency regulates our activities and looks after rivers and watercourses in England.
- Clean up any affected areas.
- We will also do everything we can to make sure the problem will not happen again.
What we'll need to know.
- What you saw.
- When you saw it.
- Where you saw it, a postcode or road name is helpful but a note of any local landmarks or features will also help us locate the problem.
- If the problem is still happening and if sewage is still entering a watercourse.